Sunday, July 25, 2010

Santiago! Day 1

Hola queridos amigos!

I made it to Chile with no mishaps, got through the airport with my massive amount of luggage, and am unpacked in my new, chilly, cozy room. The shower is like a fire hose, and the apartment is quite comfortable. I already love the feel of Santiago, with the dry cool air and the gorgeous views of the snowcapped Andes. My neighborhood, Provedencia, is quiet and friendly and I am looking forward to exploring it.

So far my family seems extremely nice, and they enjoyed my gifts (RAYGUN t's for the kids and Gong Fu  tea for the adults). They have been generous enough to let me use a bathroom all to myself and provide a comfy room. We sat around the table, getting to know eachother and eating delicious bread (pan) and cake (torta). I am excited to start cooking with my new family!

It's hard to believe that I'm actually here, starting my adventure. With the next 4 months stretched out in front of me, I'm not sure where to begin. I hope the other students on my program are friendly and that the trip to Valparaiso this weekend will be a good bonding opportunity.

I am missing my family and friends, and thanks to Mom, Dad, Jimmy, Brittany, Aunt Jacque, Jake, and Emily for encouraging me, advising me, and reassuring me that this whole thing is still a good idea. Love you all!


Hasta maƱana,

Hattie

No comments:

Post a Comment